MaxPass is an add-on to your Disneyland ticket or annual pass that allows you to book FastPasses from your smart phone. Rather than having to run all around the park to get them from the machines outside of each eligible ride. The list of Disneyland MaxPass rides has been changing recently in 2020 with the addition of new rides and experiences.
There are currently 11 rides eligible for MaxPass in Disneyland, and 8 rides eligible for MaxPass in DCA. You can also book Fantasmic in Disneyland, or World of Color in DCA with MaxPass as well. In this article I share all of the current MaxPass rides in Disneyland so that you can better plan out your day. Keep reading for the full list, and some of my favorite MaxPass tips, like how to stack MaxPasses or get more than 10 in one day!
List of Disneyland MaxPass Rides You Can Book From Your Phone
All rides that offer FastPass are eligible to be booked with MaxPass from your phone. Here’s the full list which is kept updated consistently.
Current Disneyland MaxPass Rides You Can Get A FastPass For:
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
- Haunted Mansion
- Indiana Jones Adventure
- “It’s a small world”
- Matterhorn Bobsleds
- Roger Rabbit’s Cartoon Spin
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Star Tours – The Adventure Continues
Current DCA MaxPass Rides You Can Get A FastPass For:
- Goofy’s Sky School
- Grizzly River Run
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Monsters Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Radiator Springs Racers
- Toy Story Midway Mania
Nighttime Shows You Can Book With MaxPass:
Besides these rides, you can also get a MaxPass for night-time entertainment in each park: Fantasmic in Disneyland, or World of Color in DCA. Make sure to book your MaxPasses for these shows as early in the day as possible, because they will run out! And, don’t worry, you can book a MaxPass for one of these shows without hindering your ability to get a MaxPass for a ride. You can book both the show, and a ride, at once.
How Many MaxPasses Can You Use In One Day?
Unlike the advanced FastPass system at Walt Disney World, there is no limit to the number of FastPasses that you can get or use in one day with MaxPass. However, there are restrictions on when you can reserve each new FastPass. Once you book one FastPass, you are not immediately able to book the next one. Here are some guidelines:
Minimum Lower Limit = 30 Minutes
- There is always a 30 minute minimum waiting period in between MaxPass bookings, no matter what.
- Example: You book Space Mountain at 8:00am for a 9:00am – 10:00am return time, then you could book your next MaxPass at 8:30am.
Maximum Upper Limit = 90 Minutes
- The maximum wait time in between booking MaxPasses will never exceed 90 minutes. Typically, you will get a 90 minute wait to make your next MaxPass booking when there are high crowds or the ride you choose has a long wait.
- Example: You book Space Mountain at 1:00pm for a 6:00pm – 7:00pm return time, then you could book your next MaxPass at 2:30pm.
Shorting the Minimum 30 Minute Wait Limit
- You can shorten your 30 minute minimum wait time for the next FastPass by riding the ride you just booked.
- Example: You book Haunted Mansion at 9:00am for 9:15am – 10:15am return time. You ride Haunted Mansion at 9:15am (or 9:10am with the five minute grace period). You can then book another FastPass with MaxPass immediately. Do it while walking through the Haunted Mansion queue for maximum opportunities!
The wait time between MaxPasses will always be either 30 minutes, or 90 minutes. And is determined by the current wait time for that ride. Though, as shown in the example above, it can be shortened on occasion if your FastPass return time is less than 30 minutes from when you booked it, and you go ahead and ride the ride.
On busy days I have been successful at booking up to 10 MaxPass in one day! And I’ve heard stories of people getting even more than that in one day! One key to getting lots of FastPasses, even on a busy day, is to set alarms on your phone to remind you when to book your next FastPass. It also helps to book rides that have shorter waiting periods between MaxPass bookings.
How Many Rides Can You Have a MaxPass For At Once?
There is no limit to the number of rides you can have a MaxPass for at once. The number of FastPasses you can get per day with MaxPass is unlimited (provided the ride hasn’t “sold out” of them for the day, of course). And you can hold multiple MaxPass reservations at one time.
In fact, there is a strategy called FastPass stacking, that I like to use to maximize my time when I plan to take a midday park break, or on busy days in general. Here’s an example: let’s say you plan to take a midday break after lunch until early afternoon. Book MaxPasses in the morning like normal until lunch time. But with a special eye out for MaxPasses that will keep you in the 30 minute limit mentioned above.
While you’re at lunch, start planning for the evening and booking any evening time FastPasses. So that way, when you come back from your midday break, you’ll have several FastPasses booked and waiting for you. Helping you avoid crowds and take full advantage of MaxPass benefits.