Did you know that you can get a haircut at Disney World either inside of the parks, or at one of the Disney resorts? Whether you need a quick trim or color treatment, or you want to have your child’s first haircut at Disney, there is no other place more magical to do it. All stylists cutting hair at Disney World are licensed and experienced so you can be sure you will receive top notch service. Costs are reasonable too, especially in the Magic Kingdom. It is even cheaper to get my haircut in Disney World than it would be at the salon in my hometown!
Haircuts at Disney World are offered for adults or children at the Harmony Barber Shop in the Magic Kingdom, or at the full service salons at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club, the Grand Floridian, or Coronado Springs Resorts. Art of Shaving in Disney Springs also offers mens haircuts and shaving.
In this article I review all of the places you can get your haircut at Walt Disney World. Including the services offered and pricing. Keep reading for your go-to guide for haircuts at Disney World.
1. The Harmony Barber Shop: Get a Haircut Inside the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World
This barber shop is located inside of the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World! You will find the Harmony Barber Shop at the front of Main Street by the Fire Station. In my opinion, I don’t think that there could possibly be a more magical place to get a haircut.
All of the stylists here are licensed cosmetologists and offer haircuts for adults, kids, and even babies first haircuts! If you’re lucky, you might even get a surprise visit from the Dapper Dans, who sometimes sing outside (or inside!) the barber shop. Is there anything more cute than getting your first haircut at the Magic Kingdom?!
- My First Haircut: Starting at $25.00 plus tax and gratuity
- Includes the haircut, a commemorative Mickey ears hat, a keepsake lock of hair, and an official milestone certificate.
- Child’s Haircut: Starting at $18.00 plus tax and gratuity
- Only for children age 9 and under, for girls or boys
- Includes the haircut and simple styling with spray
- Adult Haircut: Starting at $19.00 plus tax and gratuity
- For anyone age 10 and up, for women or men
- Includes the haircut and simple styling with spray
How to Book: Reservations can be made online on the Disney website at this link. You can make reservations up to 180 days in advance. So book your haircuts when you book your dining reservations! These services are very popular so I highly recommend that you make a reservation in advance, as soon as possible. And there are only a few limited spots for walk-ins.
2. In House Salons Offering Haircuts at Some Disney World Resorts
Haircuts at the Harmony Barbershop in Magic Kingdom are definitely magical, but they are also rather basic. If you’re looking for a full salon service and styling, you will want to visit one of the following full service salons at various Disney resorts instead. All of these salons offer services for women, men, and children.
Disney Resorts That Offer Hair Salons, Haircuts, and Hair Styling:
- Yacht and Beach Club Resorts: Ship Shape Spa and Salon
- Grand Floridian Resort: Senses Spa and Salon
- Coronado Springs Resort: La Vida Salon
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel: Mandara Spa
- Pricing and services at this location are slightly different here because it is not Disney owned like the others above. Most of the services below are available for similar pricing. But check the Mandara Spa website linked above for the full listing of services and pricing.
- Ladies Haircut and Blow Dry: $80.00 for short hair, $100.00 for long hair
- Mens Haircut with Shampoo and Style: $35.00
- Mens Haircut and Style: $25.00
- Beard/Mustache Trim: $15.00
- Children’s Haircut: $20.00
- Shampoo Blow Dry and Style: $55.00
- Express Style (Ex. Simple Braids): $25.00
- **Blow Out: $45.00
**Blow Outs are currently only offered at the Salon at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
You can also upgrade your hair service to include a hair mask, flat iron or curling iron styling, hair extensions, or chemical services including coloring. Pricing for these upgrades vary by service. You can find the full list of pricing at each salon’s webpage linked above.
How To Book: I highly recommend reservations for any of these salons because space is limited. In order to make a reservation, you will need to call at (407) 939-4526.
3. Mens Haircuts at the Art of Shaving Located in Disney Springs
While there are not any salons available for women’s haircuts in Disney Springs, there is a great option for men at the Art of Shaving. The Art of Shaving is an upscale boutique barber spa offering shaving services, but also men’s haircuts.
- Regular Haircut or Premium Haircut
- Shaving Services: Including a traditional shave, royal shave, premium shave, or full head shave
- Neck Clean Up, Beard or Mustache Trim
- Express Facial
- Scalp Therapy Treatments
- Spa Packages: Allows you to choose two services to form a package, such as a premium shave and premium haircut
**These services are currently only offered for adult men
Costs for these services vary. You can call Art of Shaving at the number listed below for a specific quote.
How To Book: Call at (407) 560-8320 to make a reservation in advance of your service. Also, advanced reservations are highly recommended as there is only one barber chair at this location.
How To Get To Art of Shaving at Disney Springs:
Art of Shaving is located in Disney Springs across from The Edison. In order to get to Disney Springs you have a few transportation options:
- Disney Bus Transportation to Disney Springs: From any theme park or Disney resort hotel, simply take the Disney bus service to Disney Springs. Then it is a short walk from the Disney Springs bus stop to Art of Shaving
- Disney Boat Service From Select Disney Resorts: A few Disney resorts are close enough to Disney Springs that they also offer boat service instead of busses only. The boat service from Disney’s Old Key West Resort or Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort drops off at the Disney Springs Landing. Which is the closest boat stop to Art of Shaving. Otherwise, boat service from Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter Resorts drops off on the Disney Springs Marketplace side. From there you can either walk to Art of Shaving, or transfer boats and take the Disney Springs boat shuttle to the Landing stop.
- Minnie Van, Taxi, Lyft or Uber: For an additional cost, these services will also pick you up from anywhere on Disney property. And then drop you off at Disney Springs, closest to Art of Shaving as possible.
So would you want to get a haircut at Walt Disney World? If you have before, or if you want to in the future, let us know about it in the comments below!